Do you lack the skills or certification necessary to find lasting employment as a result of a change in Labour Market conditions, a lack of marketable skills resulting in low-paying jobs, or a change in your circumstances due to a disability or medical condition?
You may be eligible to receive WorkBC Skills Enhancement Services including:
- Competency-Based Training that allow you to learn and develop the knowledge and concrete skills needed to prepare for, find and maintain employment.
- Training Services that provide education and certification via:
- Short-Term Orientation and Certificate (STOC)
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) and Academic Upgrading
- Short Duration Training
- Occupational Skills Training
- Project Based Labour Market Training (PBLMT)
Note: Clients who start training prior to receiving approval from a WorkBC Centre, regardless of the date of their application, are ineligible for WorkBC Skills Enhancement Training Services Financial Supports.
Contact us to learn more about the services and supports that may be available to you. Working with an Employment Counsellor, we can help you to map out a plan that meets your employment and training objectives.
For additional WorkBC Resources visit www.workbc.ca/Training-Education:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Co-Operative Education
- Financing your Education